Best Ten Things About January

Sometimes January gets a bad rap. Often the weather is cloudy and gray. It is time to think about taxes. Travel is difficult on snowy roads most years. Today I am celebrating the things I love about this first month of the year as I wind down my Best posts for the month of January.

Best Ten Things About January

1. My birthday is in January. It always gives me something to look forward to after Christmas. This year I got a homemade yellow cake with chocolate frosting baked by my mom.
 2. League play begins for college basketball so the Zags play on television frequently.
3.  I don't have to spend time going shopping because the budget is a bit lean after December.
4.  It is a good time to hunker down in front of the fire and read.
5.  Coffee tastes better on a dark, cold morning before the sun rises.
6.  I always get the urge to declutter and this year I really did it!
7. The greenhouse is in full bloom.
8. Seed catalogs begin coming in the mail.
9. If I get cold there is enough cat hair on the furniture to keep me warm.
10. The Amazing Amaryllises of 2010 keep blooming and blooming!

Comments