6.01.2007

A Meme for Friday

Ponderosa Pinings tagged me for this meme.
INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so:

Then tag five more people. I am going to pass on that today, but feel free to pick it up. Just drop me a comment if you participate.

Answer the following questions:
What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was designing the first gardens after just living in my house for a year. I was also dating JEJ and we were making plans for marriage, which happened that August.

What were you doing one year ago?
Spending the week-end camping at Canyon Creek.
Five snacks you enjoy:
popcorn, almonds, granola bars, dark chocolate, melon

Five songs that you know all the lyrics:
Summer Breeze, American Pie, Benny and the Jets, Say a Little Prayer, American, the Beautiful

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
write full-time, landscape the hillside, give to charity, fix our fence, put in a sprinkler system

Five bad habits:
obsessing over trivial things, procrastinating, not being active enough, snacking, doubting myself

Five things you like doing:
writing, gardening, conversations around the table with family, arranging bouquets, recipe collecting

Five things you would never wear again:
big shoulder pad jackets, tube top, halter top, permed, bleached unhealthy hair, polyester pantsuits

Five favorite toys:
digital camera, laptop, Phase Ten card game, Yahoo games, tent trailer

4 comments :

  1. Shoulder pads!! LOL
    Benny and the Jets!! LOL
    I can so relate to this post!
    It shows how old we are...than again Benny and the Jets and those other songs were before my time...hehe
    My mom loves the oldies and I grew up with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My, I just read my comment and it sounds so arrogant! i'm apologize, I was just dropping by to say thank you for the b-day wishes. I am feeling old lately. Stress doesn't help...lol
    Love the Rivers Picture also! And the poem! Good job..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the record. I got so sick of that song! I think it was on the charts for 6 months, then in college classes we had to write an analysis of what the song was really about. . .before we really knew what the song was about. . .

    Songs of the early 70s - to make Jennifer above feel better - - they were the songs of my early college years. . . Well, two of them anyway. Summer & Benny.

    You have inspired me with your blog to try to get ontop of my garden again. It isn't that big, but I can't go out in the heat of the day and I really get sore bending over all the time. But I am working my way through the weeds. . .I'll try to post pics sometime.

    Congrats on your upcoming 10th Anniversary - just in case I forget to tell you in August!

    Tube tops! - Now that's one I have never worn in public ever. (I have my reasons - - -but won't post it here.) Only wore "industrial" homemade denim halter tops. . .(another hint). Still color my hair, and probably always will . . . does get dry sometimes but what the heck. . .I'm not ready to go gray!

    Great post - good insight into who you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer: I never thought of you as arrogant at all. Age is a thing of the mind and I am happy where I am. Thanks for the compliment on the poem. I am glad you grew up with the oldies!
    PIMD: I still color my hair also. I don't want gray. My hair goddess said color or perm...make a choice. I said color. Now my hair is healthier because I don't double damage it. I think I always wore a jacket over those tank tops. I am glad I have inspired you to garden. Tomorrow we have some big projects to tackle. I hope I will be able to blog when done! At my last two class reunions they sang American Pie. If it happens in July I will sing... you analyze! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy reading comments!

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016