What Will I Miss About Summer?


 Those of you that know me well know I love autumn, but I am also sad to see summer slipping away.  This is what I will miss about summer:

I will miss the early morning light. There is nothing like grabbing a cup of coffee and sitting outside when the morning light is coming over the hill.


I will miss tending to my flowers, deadheading them, taking pictures of them, and making bouquets.

You can get fruit all year, but I will miss the fresh, ripe fruits of summer.

,,
The gloaming

I will miss the smell and taste of grilled food. I know some people grill all year round, but to me it tastes best in summer.


Everyone will miss the taste of tomatoes off the vine and just picked cucumbers.

Another thing I will miss about summer is sitting on the deck with iced coffee reading a new book for hours on end.

I will miss all the birds at the feeders.

I will miss the long, long days that end with everyone gathering in the backyard.


What will you miss about summer?


Comments