Ten Ways to Cope With Summer Heat


 I remembered today why I have had difficulty enjoying summer the last few years. It has been too hot. I can live with a few days of weather above ninety degree, but day after day after day? Then add the smoke and hot wind. Ugh. Here are some ways that might help you cope with the heat this summer:

1. Take the Ice Bucket Challenge from 2014 again in your recliner with a fan blowing on your face.

2. Lay in front of the air conditioner and watch Frozen for the twentieth time.

3. Hide in the basement until summer is over.

4. Build an igloo in your yard and sit in it until it melts. I am hoping for at least 24 hours.

5.  Buy one of those big ice machines like they have in restaurants and sleep in it all day.

6.  Do your gardening, deadheading, and weeding when the weather cools down after midnight. Use a head lamp. When I tried it in the dark, I pulled up all my sunflowers, cosmos, and zinnias by mistake.


7. Cool off Zooming in the kiddie pool instead of the makeshift home office with no A.C.

8. Take a cold shower for three days.

9. Eat only snow cones, ice cream, and Mr. Freezes. Oh... and maybe an icy adult beverage.

10. Move to  Antarctica.



Comments