The Shed Notebook: My Love for Fall Leaves

When I posted a album of pictures the other day of trees in my hometown friends that grew up with me commented on how beautiful it is in Kellogg now, but how it wasn't always true. We lived under a gray fog of smelter smoke growing up. It stunted the growth of many trees. That has all changed now.

When I moved to Martin Creek I wanted to have a collection of trees that provided variety in fall leaves.  I researched all types of trees and selected colors based on their fall color. As those trees grew my love for photographing fall leaves began. I was struck by the uniqueness and beauty of each tree as late September arrived and the leaves began to turn. It wasn't just the leaves at my house, but everywhere.

Now I plan driving trips just to study the leaves through the lens of my camera. I don't have to go very far to find breathtakingly beautiful fall colors.  I picked a few of my favorite images below.  Each illustrates the unique beauty of fall leaves. Take time tomorrow and look closely at some fall leaves. Take some pictures and preserve the memory of their beauty.

"Autumn that year painted the countryside in vivid shades of scarlet, saffron, and russet, and the days were clear and crisp under harvest skies." — Sharon Kay Penman







Comments