I'm Enough

"After all those years as a woman hearing 'not thin enough, not pretty enough, not smart enough, not this enough, not that enough,' almost overnight I woke up one morning and thought, 'I'm enough."
                                                                                                   Anna Quindlen

I have stumbled across this quote numerous times in my travels. I have also read many essays by Anna Quindlen and when she puts words to paper, it makes sense. I have worked hard for four months to reach a goal of wellness. Because of constant pain from arthritis, I knew I needed knee replacement surgery. I have a wise surgeon that could have just operated on my knee and set me up failure. He didn't . He gave me a list of goals I needed to accomplish. I needed to lose weight, do physical therapy, and wear knee braces.
I have reach my goal weight, but I have accomplished enough for the surgery. When I heard him say, "You are motivated and have a positive attitude" I knew then that I'm enough! 

Comments