This is What I Know, October 21,2017


"If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking."  -Haruki Murakam

Today I know that book lovers can always find much to discuss when it comes to favorite authors and titles. Recently I did a talk to a group of women entitled "Happiness is Books". Ahead of time I had each person send me a list of favorite books. I shared the compiled list with everyone. What I love when people share books is how there may be some common threads, but most lists are unique to the reader. What titled showed up on more than one list? The Bible, Jane Eyre, A Man Called Ove, This House of  Sky,and Dr. Suess titles.

Talking about beloved books led to more discussion about books each reader could add to their own "to read" list. I think by the time we were done, each person had a good list of books to find and read. This always happens when you get book lovers together. The titles I shared were:


The End of Your Life Book Club     Will Schwalbe
My Kitchen Year, 136 Recipes That Saved my Life  Ruth Reichl
The Glass Castle   Jeannette Walls
Into Thin Air, Into the Wild, Under that Banner of Heaven, and Where Men Win Glory Jon Krakauer

Comments