Here Is What I Know Today, September 25, 2017

I know that after the brutal heat of August that often the night cools down, the days are more moderate, and the garden flowers recover and have a final burst of blooms. I love it when this happens.

I know I function better being organized. That being said, I often have a difficult time doing it. Right now I have check off lists, a calendar, and daily to do sheets so I hope I can stay the course. It is a busy time and lots of events are coming up so I hope I can keep myself afloat.

I know hope is all around me. It is what helps me get up in the morning and keeps me trudging away at difficult tasks. My mother gave me hope. She may have had joint pain or felt fatigued from lack of oxygen, but she always found hope to move ahead. My mother just loved Erma Bombeck. I think this quote is close to what Mom was thinking at the end also.

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me' ".   Erma Bombeck

Here are a few more September garden flowers.




Comments

  1. Anonymous25.9.17

    I like that Erma Bombeck quote. I think that it is fitting for your mother and for all of us to aspire to use all our talents! Sue Kerns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I really liked the quote. Mom sure loved Erma Bombeck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure Erma didn't get that quote from your mom? It sounds like her, and some of my other aunts, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!