Sibling Photo Assignment #6 : Still Life on Tabletops

I gave the sibling photo assignment this week. "Create a series of still lifes using a common theme",

"The beauty of still like is describe by its very name: it is life that sits still for you to photograph. That means you can take your time, making all the adjustments you need, placing or removing elements, and fine-tuning the lighting until you obtain a result that holds together as a composition. " Tom Ang


I had been studying still lifes in Ang's book How to Photograph Absolutely Everything this week. His quote above helped me make better sense of examining composition with everyday objects. I also experimented with some filters that added a different feel to some of the photos. You can find my other siblings' photo assignments here and here,














Comments