Breaking Hibernation

Winter break is coming to a close. My first week was spent cooking, talking, reading, movie watching, solitaire playing, crossword puzzle helping, lots of listening, napping, shopping, toasting, eating, and eating some more. I was at my mother's house in Kellogg celebrating Christmas with family.
My second week was spent in hibernation. I understand that whole mama bear thing in winter. I would love to wait to come out again in spring, but without the cubs and the extra bulk. My hibernation has included attempting to master Candy Crush Saga, reading, watching movies, taking down the Christmas and putting up the winter decor, writing, a bit of cleaning, organizing, and binge Law and Order watching. I enjoyed quiet time with Everett, the dogs, and the cats. I never left the house except to fill bird feeders, take photos, and do garden walks. Anne Morrow Lindbergh and I were on the same page on this one.

"Perhaps I am a bear, or some hibernating animal underneath, for the instinct to be half asleep all winter is so strong in me"  Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Being greeted by students tomorrow morning will break that hibernation just like that. I may need some extra coffee and a nap at lunchtime, but I will survive.

Comments