Summer 2013: Camping Lessons

In the summer of 2013 we moved from a tent trailer to a used RV. Our maiden voyage to Steamboat Rock was the trip that we learned many things about the RV. We then met my family at Heyburn State Park. It sure made it easier to entertain, serve birthday dinner, and keep ice cold!! We also have loved it taking short trips close to home.
These are some lessons we learned while camping this summer:

Always keep your camera off the counter close to the sink in an RV. I accidentally placed my favorite camera in a pool of water by the sink. I did capture the image of Grand Coulee Dam on our way to  Steamboat Rock before the camera died.

Remember that lily pads do bloom at a certain time of day at Heyburn State Park... just be patient.
There is a certain style that goes hand in hand with camping.... niece Molly figured it out.
Dogs that camp together pray together.
When you celebrate your birthday while camping with the family...don't forget to invite Uncle Bill.
Most importantly.... always build a big fire.

Comments

  1. Camping is my best form of rejuvenation. Loved this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!