The Creation of Collage:Part 1




collage: a piece of art created by combining photos, clippings or small objects onto a surface. (noun)




As a teenager I used to love to decorate the walls of my bedroom with collages of images and words from magazines. I loved to find sayings, words, photos, images. Collage has always been an art form, but now there are so many possibilities. I was thrilled when I first learned how to make collages on Picasa. I was reviewing collages I have created in the past today. I began to notice that I used certain themes, textures, and colors. I don't remember now how many of these were planned. It inspired me to create an art project for my new group of Fine Arts students next week revolving around collage. It is a nonthreatening art form that might get them feeling more comfortable about art. I have woven some of my own favorite photo collages throughout this post. Some may look familiar, some may be new to you.  Some have been the banner at the top of the blog. Others were to create a theme of celebrate an event. Enjoy.

Comments