In the Bleak Mid-Winter: Music by James Taylor, Images by Me

"In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
 earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
 snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
 in the bleak midwinter, long ago." Christina G. Rossetti

 This season is full of colorful lights, festive decorations, and glowing colors. This season also surrounds us with a midwinter beauty. Rossetti's poem was made into a traditional hymm that has been loved by Christmas music lovers for years.

 As I reviewed photos I had taken a year ago during the midwinter I was struck by the beauty of this series along Lake Roosevelt.

What made the words and images complete was my favorite version of this Christmas hymm performed by James Taylor. Enjoy!

Comments

  1. You can just feel the cold, looking at your photos, but it leaves me with a good feeling. It's especially nice with James Taylor singing in the background. I always love coming to your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!