Road Trip Food: Monster Cookies


About fifteen years ago our family set up the Oregon coast as a central gathering place for a family vacation. Any time we travel we have good meals and lots of treats. That trip I made Monster Cookies. A parent of a student had shared this recipe about twenty years ago. My friend Gigi at Rose Lake made them for band bake sales for her children at University High School. I loved to make them, but I can't remember the last time I did.

That has all changed. I am preparing for a sibling road trip on Monday that will take us from northern Idaho, through Missoula and Lolo Montana, then down Highway 12 to Three Rivers Resort. I couldn't think of a better road food than Monster Cookies. I can also leave some home for Everett, take some to my mom, and leave some with my sister's family.


Monster cookies were first called these because people made them really big for bake sales. Sometimes they are called Kitchen Sink Cookies because you can add whatever you want for the add-ins. Most of the recipes have the same basic dough. You can do a search and see lots of variations. This one at
Just a Taste  was the closest to what I made.

I used regular sized M&Ms and chips. Other add in ideas:
white chocolate chips
raisins
pecans
peanut butter chips
rice krispies
peanut M&Ms
and the list is a bit different in seaching other recipes.

They are really worth a try and they freeze well. Enjoy!

Comments