Beginnings: New Year, New Blooms

When the welcome sun appeared yesterday afternoon I grabbed my camera and headed for the greenhouse. It is difficult in winter to capture the beauty of this room because it is usually dark when I leave and dark when I return each day during the work week. 



I took full advantage of the light yesterday and surrounded myself with the smells of rich dirt and scented geranium leaves. I also love the earthy feel of clay pots as they sit waiting for propagated plants.



I was pleasantly surprised by the blooms that had appeared on the jade plant. It only happens once a year, but is well worth the wait.



I couldn't believe the impatients have survived through the winter. These tender plants not only survived, but are blooming! I see the sun coming up again today. I think today would be a perfect time to try my new tripod in the greenhouse!


Comments