Starting the Day With Rhubarb Coffee Cake and A Keeper from the Recipe Box

 I wish I remember where I got this recipe. I think someone had made it at church and they shared the recipe with me because I loved it so much. Anyway... I hadn't ever made it myself so when the garden is exploding with rhubarb, the best thing to do is bake this delicious coffee cake.


Rhubarb Coffee Cake
 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
2 1/3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup butter, softened
1 ½   cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
4 cups  rhubarb, cut in ½ inch pieces
1 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10” bundt pan.  In a medium bowl, comine pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon until well missed. In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until smooth. Fold in rhubarb and sour cream.
Sprinkle one third of the nut mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan. Spread half the batter over the nut mixture. Sprinkle with remaining nut mixture then spread with remaining batter.
Bake 50-55 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Then invert the cake onto a wire rack and cool completely.

Comments

  1. This looks delosh! I am going to send the recipe to my daughter who has lots of rhubarb right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn auto-correction. I meant delish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!