Gathering Around the Table: Sibling Assignment #150

 This week I assigned Sibling Assignment #150. One hundred and fifty posts is a feat in itself. Creating one hundred and fifty different topics to write about has been another feat. One joy of participating in the sibling assignments has been having that opportunity to link my writing with the fine writing of my brother and sister. Here is our celebratory assignment for this week. " To celebrate 150 reflect back on all our sibling assignments and pick three favorite images you have posted, link them in some way, and write about them."
 A perfect way to spend Sunday morning was to revisit the sibling assignments I have written. There were common themes in my photos: flowers, food, family, road trips, and my hometown. The photos that stood out to me the most centered around food. There is significance in the name of my blog. My life has been about gathering around the table.
 Whether eating, playing games, laughing, drinking, crying,fighting, doing homework, coloring Easter eggs, writing, doing crafts, preparing food, singing, praying, singing "Happy Birthday", making Mother's Day cards, telling jokes, sharing recipes,reading emails, or telling stories it has happened at tables in Kellogg, Orofino, Glendive,Spokane, Meridian, Kennewick, Kettle Falls, Inchelium, the Oregon Coast, Eugene, Prichard, Rose Lake, Konkleville, and Metaline Falls.
I have so many pictures of gatherings, table settings,fancy drinks, birthday celebrations, and desserts. These homemade cakes, new salad recipes, Tom and Jerrys, Mother's Day dinners, Thanksgiving feasts, Christmas Eve Around the World dinners, warm cookies, good coffee, Stingers, s'mores, and overnight breakfast casseroles have given me good reasons to gather around tables with family and friends.

Comments