November 7th: I Am Thankful for Communion

"Each time you drink this cup, remember me. What you must solemnly realize is that every time you eat this bread and every time you drink this cup, you reenact in your words and your actions the death of the Master. You will be drawn back to this meal again and again until the Master returns. You must never let familiarity breed contempt." 1 Corinthians 11:26 The Message
 I love Communion Sunday at Garden Valley Church. Today Communion was especially moving. Pastor Shane proceeded this with a sermon on the question "What is Communion?" The point that resonated  with me was him emphasizing that "communion is sharing our faith." As our very full church sat shoulder to shoulder today singing "Let Us Break Bread Together on Our Knees" and Shane raising his small communion glass in honor of Jesus, it was sharing of the faith. I am thankful for communion.

Comments