November 19th: I Am Thankful for My Supportive Family and Friends

At 6:30 this morning I got online to find out if I had made the score to be considered a National Board Certified Teacher. I was so relieved to see my score of 286 because I knew I only needed 275 to pass. When I applied for the scholarship last year to support my effort,  a question I was asked was about my support system of people during the National Board process. It was not at all difficult to answer that question. JEJ had already agreed to support me by allowing someone else to clean the house, by volunteering to do shopping and even do cooking sometimes. He also understood the time it would take  be successful. He was also there cheering me on. My mom, brother and sister were there unconditionally to encourage me and I knew if I hit a wall, which I did, they would be there as my cheerleaders. They never let me down. I also had so many friends that had more faith in me than I had sometimes. My school staff was also a huge support group. Students heard early and all my sixth grade students were there in the hall to congratulate me as I arrived.  Today it was such a pleasure to say thanks to so many people as I kept pinching myself, still having a hard time allowing the good news to sink in.

Comments

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!