November 14th: I Am Thankful for Sleep

"Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world, had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap. " Barbara Jordan
I am thankful for sleep. I am thankful for the time I have on a week-end to indulge in a nap if I want or need one. There is nothing more comforting than curling up with a dog, a cat, and a warm bed on a Sunday afternoon after attempting to read a book for about two minutes. 
 I am also thankful I no longer experience chronic insomnia. I realize problems of the world can be solved while laying awake at night, but I would rather be rested. Besides, I could never remember what solutions I ever came up after I finally achieved those three hours of sleep on a Sunday night.
I know my week gets off to a much better start when I am well rested. Even though it is a busy one coming up, I know I am ready for the week because I squeezed in that very important sleep today. I didn't even splurge on the cookies and milk first.

Comments