The Whole Truth

On the last page of each issue of the magazine Whole Living, Body +Soul in Balance there is a column called The Whole Truth. Each month a different famous person answers similar questions. I have found their responses enlightening and decided to do it myself today.
  
If I could say one thing to myself ten years ago.... " When you plant trees and ground covers in the gardens eventually shade WILL  be created and the ground covers WILL help control weeds."

My favorite place in the world..."A quiet campground close to home at the end of September when the air is crisp, it is quiet, and we can sit by the campfire with the dogs and relax."

The movie I watch when I want to laugh... " I haven't watched comedy movies recently, but if I wanted to laugh at a classic comedy it would be Tootsie. 

No one knows I... "also say prayers for the safety of all my dogs and cats when I go to sleep at night."

I feel healthy when I... " drink lots of water and cut out sweets."

If I could do anything else for living I'd... " work in a plant nursery in the mornings, then grab a coffee drink and work in a book store in the afternoon."


Exercise routine... "Right now? I walk around the yard to take pictures, I walk out to the road to get the mail, and I walk back and forth building to building at school. I think I need to find a place a bit further away to walk."

Proudest moment in my career..."was when a student that had been "a challenge" came back to visit me a few years later and apologized, then thanked me for believing in him."

My dad always told me.." Your mother asked you to do it. Do it!"

My mom was right about..." The time from the vine to the brine is the secret to crisp, flavorful dill pickles. Amen Mom!"



The lesson I keep learning over and over... " If a child isn't learning in my classroom, it's not because they can't, but often something I can't control is getting in the way."


I wish I had more time for..."spending time with family that lives far away."

My great unfilled dream is...." to gather creative people together at my place where we can have a sanctuary to dream, write, create, and learn more about ourselves. "

Real contentment is "sitting in the garden after dinner with my husband reflecting on all the good in the world."

One of my favorite quotations is... " To the outside world we all grow old.  But not to brothers and sisters.  We know each other as we always were.  We know each others' hearts.  We share private family jokes.  We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys.  We live outside the touch of time."~Clara Orteg

I always feel saner when I.... " grab my camera and capture the simple beauty of the world around me."


If you feel like joining in and finishing these sentences I would love to read your responses.
You can find Whole Living magazine here.

Comments

  1. Laurie24.6.10

    Loved this! I need to give it a try.

    P.S. I have been writing, but not stuff I'm ready to go public with. I am hoping to get back to blogging soon, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try this and what a glorious color..sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this, and I tried it myself. My answers are posted on my blog. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I dropped over from Rondi. Loved her answers and yours too. I feel saner when I grab my camera and head out into nature too. Thanks for reminding me.
    PS Loved that quote-now it is one of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!