A New Twist on Mac and Cheese and a Keeper from the Recipe Box

My traditional macaroni and cheese recipe has always been the tried and true Pioneer Macaroni and Cheese from the original Betty Crocker cookbook. It is usually a Friday night comfort food dinner at our house. Today I mixed things up in two ways. We had our favorite comfort food on Saturday and I tried a new recipe. I found it at Recipezaar, but it originally came from Paula  Deen's cooking show.  We decided we liked it even better than the traditional recipe! It is more filling with the eggs added and I mixed up the cheese, using a small bit of jack cheese also.  Here is the recipe: 

The Lady's Macaroni and Cheese  
SERVES 6 -8
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Once you have the macaroni cooked and drained, place in a large bowl and while still hot and add the cheddar.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and add to the macaroni mixture.
  4. Pour macaroni mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
  5. Top with additional cheese if desired, and bake a few minutes more until cheese is melted.

Comments

  1. I LOVE macaroni cheese... love love love it..... I sometimes put brocolli at the bottom of the dish or cauliflour and then all the scrummy cheese sauce mingles with it and makes it scrummous :)

    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!