Three Simple Pleasures: Church, Birthday Celebration, Facebook 101

1. Twice in the last few days I have worshiped in the church I grew up in. It was very comforting to sit in the same sanctuary, participate in similar readings, and sing familiar hymns that have been a part of my life for over forty-five years.

2. Today is my brother's birthday. He arrived yesterday and each of us made a dish he requested to create a birthday dinner. The Deke made a delicious meatloaf and we added baked potatoes, green beans, cole slaw, and pumpkin roll. It was a evening full of good food, good laughs, and good stories.

3. We have been working at getting our mother acquainted with Facebook. It was fun to give her a tour of my "friends" today so she could see her former students, my former students, family, and friends. I think she is on Facebook Overload!

Comments

  1. How AWESOME that your mom is on Facebook!! I think she'll love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facebook overload is one of those new diseases. I swear.

    You're one of the few bloggers that is still being faithful to the old blog. Most have wandered away to FB -- and immediate gratification.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful 2010 my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that your mum is gonna be on Facebook.... get her addicted to farmville and cafeworld LMFAO oh and bejewelled :)

    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!