Celebrating With Special Authors



 One of my favorite assignments at school this year is to be the elementary writing coach. I visit each elementary classroom once a week and do writing activities with the students. I have loved every minute of it. I got a special invitation Monday to be part of the Writing Celebration in second grade. They had each contributed a story to their first class book.

 The most important part of the celebration was hearing each second grader read their favorite story they had written first quarter. After each reader shared their story and picture the audience exploded in applause.

We ended the author reading with a toast (with yummy Fruit Punch) to all the talented second grade writers. We then enjoyed a feast of  Mrs. Potter's delicious pumpkin cake, Cheez-Its, gummy bears, and  cookies. 

Comments

  1. I LOVE IT!! If I were a teacher, I think I would choose to teach at the elementary level. They are still so eager to learn!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!