A Period of Grace


"What do I want to take home from my summer vacation? Time. The wonderful luxury of being at rest.
The days when you shut down the mental machinery that keeps life on track and let life simply wander. The days when you stop planning, analyzing, thinking and just are. Summer is my period of grace."Ellen Goodman

I realize I haven't been teaching school children for the last six weeks, but I have been learning, teaching,and writing with adults. This week was time to be at rest. I have slept in, taken naps, sorted stuff on the computer, and enjoyed tours through the garden. It was nice to stop planning, analyzing, and thinking too much! On Saturday we will load up for a vacation away from home. Until then, I will enjoy this period of grace here at home. Time is a gift we give ourselves.


Comments