Retreat


re-treat (n)
1. The act or process of withdrawing, especially from something hazardous, formidable, or unpleasant.
2. A place affording peace, quiet, privacy, or security.
3. A period of seclusion, retirement, or solitude.


Enjoy images at a camp on Coeur d’Alene Lake where I am residing this week at my annual writing retreat. The air is fresh, the food is delicious, the flowers fragrant, the view breathtaking. Great things are happening in our writing workshops led by my brother Raymond Pert. There is lots of time to read, sleep, think, talk, write, sing, and breathe. Tonight the weather cleared and we get a campfire! Bliss!

Comments

  1. Sounds wonderful! I haven't been on a writing retreat for a while and am finding that it's become a big 'missing'. Photos beautiful, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please add me to your list for next year's retreat. I live in greater Houston area where it has been 100-plus degrees since the end of May........all the words in my brain have melted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the pic of the rockers on the porch. If that doesn't say, "Rest. Relax. Be fully present," I don't know what does. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!