Celebrating National Poetry Month #17: Cure for Puppy Fever

Annie right after we brought her home.Shelby about three months old exploring the old galvanized tub.


Cure for Puppy Fever


Place two rawhides in a

dog dish and stir.

Next add four puppy kisses.


Take two tiny Milkbones,

a squeaky ball, and

a cute little bark.


Wrap them up in

a soft blanket.

Place them close to

my heart.


Add warm, soft fur and a sweet whimper.

Blend with devotion and

unconditional love.


Enjoy with a puppy chin resting in your lap.


inlandempiregirl, 2005


Shelby's herding her new little sister.Shelby showing Annie the ropes on her first camping trip. Shelby is a little over a year older than Annie.

Comments

  1. I just LOVE seeing pictures of your dogs! Annie is absolutely wonderful (I am particularly partial to spaniels). Shelby looks like a real leader. Both were adorable as puppies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your puppy - so now I got my puppy fix for a few more days.

    Hey - we have that galvanized tub by our fireplace -- to carry wood and newspaper

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved this poem now i know what it feels like to be inside a tulip!!Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!