My Own Orange Punchbowl Cake: A Keeper from the Recipe Box


There are many variations on the Punchbowl Cake recipe idea. I have a large clear salad bowl I usually use for mine. I made a smaller version of the cake in the trifle bowl above for a church potluck today. This recipe usually serves about 30. After trying different variations, I created this one myself. Trust me... this is easy!
Inland Empire Girl's Orange Punchbowl Cake
a 2 layer package orange cake mix
1 6 oz. and a 4 oz. package cheesecake or vanilla instant pudding mix, prepared
1 20 oz. can juice packed crushed pineapple
small can mandarin oranges, drained
16 oz. whipped topping
1/3 cup orange liqueur ( optional)

Bake the cake in a 9x13 pan according to mix directions. Let cool. Cut cake into 1 inch cubes. Layer cake, pudding, undrained pineapple, and whipped topping. Repeat layers until bowl is full, having whipped topping on top. Place the mandarin oranges on top of the cake. If using liqueur sprinkle it on top of the cake on each layer and drain the pineapple. Refrigerate until serving time. Prepare a day ahead to enhance flavor. Serves 30.

Just google punchbowl cake recipes and you will see many other recipe ideas.

Comments

  1. OH!! Your cake looks divine!! hey, thanks so much for the book shop recommendations too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness that looks like an American trifle :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks also to you Shelby. Now I will have some stops to make when I head to the Oregon coast in August.
    Marmite... you are right. We borrowed the idea from you Brits.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!