Potential: Good News Inside

I have been reading a book called Half Full: Meditations on Hope, Optimism, and the Things That Matter by Mina Parker. It is one of these books that you can read a page a day and it gives you something to think about. On each page she combines her thoughts with a quote and a photograph by Daniel Talbott. This was on the page I read today:

" Everyone has inside him a piece of good news. The good news in that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!" Anne Frank
the view from my study on a recent sunny day

'Potential is a funny thing. In one way, it's just an idea-not real yet-just a maybe. Yet it can inspire you or stymie you, just the same. But the truth is that potential can never be taken away from you. There is always a possibility, always a maybe.
You don't know what the future holds, but instead of letting worry you, get stirred up by what is possible. When I'm struggling, it's great comfort to read through the trials that someone before me has overcome. And when I'm floating, the stories of others' achievements are an exciting inspiration. "-excerpt from Half Full by Mina Parker

I had a day today that had changes in routine, ups and downs, and some difficult sessions with students. I am glad I focused on this page when I returned home. I think this will be a quote I will post on the white board tomorrow in my classroom.

Comments

  1. do you get renters in that little white bird house??

    ps. I would like to get stirred up by what is possible. yes I would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaaahhhh. I just wish I could be a student in your class. just once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I think is most remarkable about that quote is that Anne Frank wrote it. Ever the optimist =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!