Garden Valley Church: A Blessing In Our Lives

I have posted before about our country church close to home. The Garden Valley Community Church is a blessing in our lives each and every day. It was a special treat Sunday when JEJ and his friend DH sang one of their popular duets during the worship service. Their rendition of the gospel version of "Consider the Lilies", accompanied by DH on the guitar, is a favorite of mine. Even after they performed it I went back and revisited the lyrics to enjoy the song even more. I am the most fond of Verse Two.

Consider The Lilies
Verse I

Consider the lilies they don’t toil nor spin

And there’s not a king with more splendor than them

Consider the sparrow they don’t plant or sow

But they’re fed by the Master who watches them grow


Chorus:

We have a Heavenly Father above

With eyes filled with mercy
And a heart filled with love
He really cares when
Your head is bowed low
Consider the lilies and then you will know

Verse II
May I introduce you to this friend of mine

Who hangs out the stars
and tells the sun when to shine
And kisses the flowers each morning with dew
But He’s not too busy to care about you.
Chorus...

Author: Joel Hemphill
It was also communion Sunday so Pastor Shane led us in another gospel favorite " Let us Break Bread Together on Our Knees" as we prepared for communion. Our little church in the wildwood is growing and growing. In fact, when I arrived Sunday there was only one parking place left! I don't mind having to walk a bit if the parking lot is full!

"Happy are those who hear the joyful call to worship, for they will walk in the light of your presence, Lord."
Psalm 89:15 NLT


To learn more about The Garden Valley Church, go here.

Comments

  1. Anonymous2.2.09

    Hello! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite passages from the Bible.
    Thanks for sharing that wiht us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful song. I'd love to have heard them sing it! I think your little church is beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!