Beating the Winter Blues: Makeover Project #2

“I can't think of any sorrow in the world that a hot bath wouldn't help, just a little bit.”-Susan Glasee

When I moved into this house, the main bathroom was designed with beautiful wood around the tub, low light, and high white walls. The whole room was pretty simple. It worked for me though. Somewhere in the scheme of makeover projects during the last week, it came up to redo the bathroom. I am so glad we took on the bathroom. It is hard to see much with this picture, but there was a lot of blank wall space.
After much consideration, the colors of platinum gray, a lovely blue called Blue Waltz, and navy all combined into a bathroom makeover. The beautiful painting by a local high school artist that was a gift worked well with the color scheme as wall decor.

Last night I had a new room that I just wanted to sit in for the sake of sitting. I don't think I have ever used the bathroom just for a sitting room! Perhaps when the whole project is done I can soak in the tub and take it all in!

Comments

  1. First of all... Happy Belated Birthday!!!
    It's late because I am still having Internet woes... I type a comment, then it freezes up and drops me.

    I love your makeovers! The bathroom color scheme is so relaxing. And, what a great painting! Well, I'm finally getting sleepy... now that it's almost time to get up. It's going to be a very long Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love to soak in my big tub -- but I close my eyes, (:

    (Susan Glasee makes a fine argument, but I can think of several sorrows I endured during which my bathtub was no comfort. It certainly helps me endure the other aches and pains!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!