Remember December: W is for Winter Crunch Bark : A Keeper from the Recipe Box

One of the joys of my holiday season is to create goodies for family and friends. I have a collection of recipes that I rotate since I can never decide what to make. I have had the recipe for Festive Winter Crunch Bark since I found it in a Pampered Chef cookbook at my sister's. I sure wish I would have tried it sooner. It is very easy, very yummy, and looks pretty as a gift.


Festive Winter Crunch Bark

1 package (20 oz) vanilla or chocolate-flavored almond bark, coarsely chopped.
3/4 cup nuts of choice, coarsely chopped ( I used pecans)
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
2 cups crisp rice cereal

1. Preheat oven to 350. Line jelly roll pan with parchment paper, allowing it to extend over the long sides.
Take the chopped almond bark and melt it over a double boiler over simmering water or follow the directions on the almond bark for microwave melting.

2. Chop nuts and combine nuts and coconut and put in baking dish. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.

3. Stir half the nut mixture and all of the cereal with melted bark. Pour mixture into pan, spreading evenly . Immediately sprinkle with remaining nut mixture; press into bark mixture.

4. Refrigerate 30-40 minutes or until set. Bring edges of parchment paper up over bark and break in 2-inch pieces.

Yield: 32 servings

Variation: Mix with 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries.
Omit coconut

Wrap up in a clear bag and share it with someone!

Comments

  1. Wondering what on earth Vanilla or chocolate bark is LOL thinking the conker tree bark wont quite cut the mustard....

    HAPPY CRIMBO to you dear lady.... I know it will be filled with love and laughter and special people in your life...

    Fanks for a year of friendship... its been a ride :)

    HAPPY CRIMBO TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY..... be safe.... peace love and health for the coming year..

    X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!