Counting My Blessings # 26: Turkeys

A tradition I have with my students started many years ago while teaching third graders. The last day before Thanksgiving break I always play the turkey game. This game has simple rules. Each student gets two graham cracker squares. Using only their fingers and teeth they have to create a turkey. We then display all the turkeys and vote on a winner. Each year students try lots of different methods for creating the winning turkey. Teacher tip.... this game is so quiet...the students concentrate hard to make their turkeys. This turkey was made by breaking and softening the cracker.WS made it clear that the left side was the head on his turkey!
JN gave up and just decided to eat his!This one got a bit messed up when it got dropped!
Here was one of the winners. The feathers even stood up on this turkey. The class periods went quickly today and everyone left with a game to try at home. If you are looking for a new tradition try the turkey game!

Comments

  1. What a fun idea! I'm going to pass that one on to my grandgirls (I might have to try it myself :) Have a blessed and happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so fun and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fabulous idea!

    .. and happy Thanksgiving Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, just as I thought, completely bonkers lol

    HAPPY FANKS GIVING dear you....

    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!