Catching Up on Memes Pt. 1: Book Meme



I have been slow at getting to memes. Here is a book meme from my blog friend Nonizamboni over at Peacock Blue.

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3.Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

The book I just finished is Home to Holly Springs by Jan Karon. If you are familiar with the Mitford series by Karon, this is the first installment of her new Father Tim series. In this book Tim goes back to his birthplace and meets old and new friends. Here is what was found on page. 123. It is a meeting with his childhood sweetheart Peggy.

“The room wasn’t greatly changed from his visits many years ago, though the overall spirit of it was brighter. They sat in high-backed velvet chairs in the bay window, at a table furnished with a silver tea service and a vase of roses. Three petals had fallen onto the white cloth; a small cake, ornamented with a curl of shaved chocolate, was displayed on a crystal stand.
“After I wrote the note, I was sorry to have used chocolate at a bribe.”

This first book in the new series gives a foundation to the character of Father Timothy in the Mitford series. I find it interesting that she went back to his childhood in the new series. There was a certain intrigue in this book that kept me reading long into the night.

I now tag Silver Valley Girl at Silver Valley Stories, Yolanda at Perfectly Imperfect, Shelby at Time With Shelby, Marcy at My Knitting and Other Stuff,and Becca at Ravenous Reader.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the tag.. I pulled a quote from my recent fave.. Karluk, The Great Untold Story of Arctic Exploration.. great story. Tragic, but interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to start the Mitford series...could I start the Fr. Timothy without reading the others first?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!