WASL: Week 2

In the state of Washington public school students take the Washington Assessment of Student Learning. We gave the assessments three days last week and start again tomorrow for the second week. Depending on the grade level students are tested in reading, math, writing, and science. I have sharpened lots of pencils, proctored without helping or looking over shoulders, and administered the most important things that help my students: lots of encouragement, cinnamon gum ( helps with memory), and water to hydrate the brain. All the tests are untimed so the 7th graders doing a writing prompt tomorrow could take most of the morning. Even though I don't take the test or even know the questions... I am exhausted at the end of every session. Think how my students feel!

Comments

  1. my teacher friends say WASL like it is a four letter word.. (:

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!