Celebrating National Poetry Month: #20 and Camera Critters #2

a collage constructed with love to Annie and Shelby

Member of the Family
What would I do without you
My precious, furry friend?...
Part mischief, but all blessing,
And faithful to the end!

You look at me with eyes of love:
You never hold a grudge...
You think I'm far too wonderful
To criticize or judge.

It seems your greatest joy in life
Is being close to me...
I think God knew how comforting
Your warm, soft fur would be.

I know you think your human,
But I'm glad it isn't true...
The world would be a nicer place
If folks we're more like you!

A few short years is all we have:
One day we'll have to part...
But you my pet, will always have
A place within my heart.


- Hope Marrington Molb

To view other camera critters go here.

Comments

  1. You have no idea how big the smile on my face is right now! Doggies Doggies Doggies! I ♥ ALL doggies! I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pets are special friends to so many. Yours are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collage and great poetry. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oohhh. That is one AWESOME collage. Did you have to "do it yourself" or is there a site that makes them fit together all nice and neat like that?

    My doggie is here if you feel like checking him out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful poem and i love the collage

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful collage of dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful poem!

    Having just said goodbye to a very precious furry friend (of seventeen years), those years do seem short.

    My husband and I loved it when our vet was crying with us. She said she truly believes we will meet with them again in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous20.4.08

    Fun photos! I think my favorite is the middle one on the top row.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great collage - they are adorable - and a wonderful poem too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice layout! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doggies, doggies everywhere
    and all but one at rest.
    I tried so hard but could not find
    the one I liked best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, so true especially how God knew how comforting her warm soft fur would be.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!