2.14.2008

Happy Valentine's Day

One of the best parts about being a teacher is celebrating Valentine's Day at school. Today I was showered with balloons, candy, cupcakes, pencils, pens, chocolates, and suckers shaped like a bouquet. Middle school students have not outgrown this holiday and I love the cute valentines some slip to one another on the sly. I also work in a 2nd grade classroom each day so I got to make my own Valentine envelope to hang up just like I used to do in elementary school. The class invited me in later to share valentines. What a precious time.

Of course, coming home to flowers and more valentines made my day complete. It is amazing how everyone smiles a little bigger, says a few more kind words, and appreciates others on this special holiday. That is why it has always been my favorite holiday. Happy Valentine's Day. Help spread the love.

3 comments :

  1. Happy Valentine's day. I've always like valentine's day too. Homemade valentine's from children are always fun. Although my child is grown up, I still have some old ones from when she was a child. Another blogger posted some old valentines her daughter made for her which made me hunt for some of the old ones I saved. Fun memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it sounds like you had such a super day........

    much love

    x

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy reading comments!

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016