You Make My Day Award

The You Make My Day Award is given to 'people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel so happy about blogland.' I want to thanks nonisamboni for the kind words she said about me in giving me this award. She is also a native of Idaho, but is now adjusting to life in Minnesota. Her blog Blue Peacock is a mix of music, favorite books, lovely flowers, and memorable thoughts about the people and places in her life.

The blogs I read provide me with a mixture of inspiration, appreciation, knowledge, and laughter. I am honoring just three today, but any day all the blogs on the roll could get awards.

Katrina's Notes on a Napkin: Her blog was one of the first I began reading via my brother's blog comments. She takes the delightful and not-so-delightful snippets of life as a wife and mother and weaves the happenings into stories that bring me happiness and inspiration. She has had memorable posts about treasures her son placed inside the bed frame and "these little lights of mine."

Seeing life from A Dog's Eye View brings me happiness and inspiration every day. L^2, her two yellow labs Willow(her dog guide), and Stella (the pet), and a camera illustrate to us each day the gorgeous photography of simple homemade cookies, Stella in the tub, or Willow on the job. She also has her photography and other photo gifts for sale on her blog.

Marcy's My Knitting and Other Stuff is another blog that brings me happiness and inspiration. We have found in the last year that we have so much in common, we laugh back and forth at our posts. I have never knitted in my life, but am inspired by her beautiful projects. Whether she is sharing thoughts in Sunday Scribblings, relaying stories about her Grand Dolly, or reminding us of those quirks in life that make us laugh her blog makes my day.

Comments

  1. Wow, thank you so much! I'll have to check out the other blogs too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new award! You deserve it! You make my day too! I always enjoy stopping by to read your thoughts and to keep up with you in the 'northland'. I hope you are making it through the long haul from December through Spring Break. I know students get somewhat restless during this time, but alot of learning sure can take place without all the interruptions of holidays and such.

    Take care!
    LaTeaDah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the honor, and for the sweet things you said about my blog! I so enjoy reading yours, too, so this award should go right back at you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to go check them out.
    My blogging time has slowed down due to other things going on -- and I wish I could quit my job and get paid for blogging. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous18.1.08

    I agree with Katrina -- my happiest days are the ones when there is a post to read from you!! Thanks so much for the nice words and congratulations on receiving the award first. You certainly make my day and I'm sure lots of other people's too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! It's so nice to be recognized, isn't it?? Certainly "makes one's day!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!