Friday Fourteen: More Things You May Not Know About InlandEmpireGirl!

1. Even though I make certain dishes over and over again, I always get out the recipe. I never make anything by memory.

2. I am easily moved to tears. At parent/student conferences yesterday I witnessed numerous students shedding tears with their parents while reading tributes they had written to them. I handed out kleenex and welled up with tears also.

3. I love to make lists. I write out to-do lists, grocery lists, lists of things I need to remember, and lists of books I want to read. I also love the lists on colored paper.

4. I struggle with any task that involves various wires, cables, and hooking them up to make something work.

5. I have no talent for quilting, needlepoint, or knitting , but I yearn to do all three.

6. I never go through a day without spilling something on me. I quit wearing white years ago.

7. This time of the year when all the leaves have fallen and the plants have died I try to look at my gardens with new eyes. I once read you should study " the bones" of your garden this time of year identifying foundational plants and gaps in the landscaping.

8. Even though I can access the newspaper online and get keep up with current events on news sites, I love the print copy of the paper and read it cover to cover each day.

9. I have to read in bed before I fall asleep every night. I can't just turn off the light and doze off.

10. I don't wear much jewelry and what I wear is inexpensive and practical. I have always been afraid if I had anything very expensive I would probably lose it!




11. I wait eagerly for certain items that can only be found during the holidays: eggnog, Millstone Jingle Java coffee beans, and Tillamook Peppermint Candy ice cream.

12. I love waterfalls, especially ones that are hidden on a hiking trail.

13. I always have a hard time picking out paint colors. I bring home all those strips of color samples and stew over them for days. I have even chosen a color because I liked the name!

14. I cannot use digital clocks in my bedroom. I suffered years of insomnia and those clocks with the numbers dropping each minute put me over the edge!

Comments

  1. We are so much alike! This could practically be my list! I don't even use a digital clock by my bed! But I do wear white, 'cause I can bleach it. Unfortunately I also bleach jeans, sweatshirts, and T-shirts that are supposed to be dark in color! Sigh!

    LaTeaDah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very much like you too.. I'm a big spiller of things on me. My family teases me about it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this list of interesting new things to learn about you.
    I like to make lists too and I love waterfalls. They're wonderful!
    Your white kitty is gorgeous. Sounds like he fits right in.
    I love the photos. The look on Annie's face is priceless..."What's this pesky cat trying to do?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is heartwarming to learn we all share fine qualities!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!