Pineapple Cheese Balls: A Keeper from the Recipe Box

I don't often have gatherings that require finger foods. When I do have an occasion to take a finger food to a potluck this is a superb recipe. The blending of flavors creates a different sort of cheese ball and it makes a nice display on a platter or a serving bowl ( the picture is not my own... I haven't made it for awhile). Someone usually requests the recipe at the end of the gathering.

Pineapple Cheese Balls
2 (8 oz. ) packages of cream cheese, softened
1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
2 cups finely chopped pecans or walnuts
1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon seasoned salt

In mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pineapple, 1 cup of the nuts, green pepper, onion and salt; mix well. Cover and chill until firm enough to shape. Divide mixture in half; shape into balls and roll in remaining 1 cup of nuts. Cover and chill several hours or overnight. Serve with assorted crackers. Makes 2 cheese balls.
You can also place the mixture in a crock or serving bowl ,sprinkle nuts on top and serve it at room temperature. Place a ball in a festive bowl and tie ribbon and it makes an excellent hostess gift.
from Six Ingredients or Less by Carlean Johnson

Comments

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! This sounds "de-ish"! Every Thanksgiving, and sometimes Christmas, my Mom used to buy the little jars of Pineapple cream cheese to put on our celery. I could almost eat it from the jar. (Who needs celery when you have a spoon?)

    Anyway, now that my mouth is watering (and I haven't read past the name)- I have determined that this is one recipe I MUST try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous27.10.07

    mmmmmm... I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!