1. I can enjoy late night reading of a novel I can't put down.
2.There is the smell of lilies, phlox, and scented geraniums in the air.
3. We can enjoy fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, and beans.
5. The Ferry County Fair is a few short weeks away in Republic.
6.Morning sunrise is still beautiful as the rays shine through the pine trees.
7. I have the time to pickle, can, preserve, and freeze our garden bounty.
8. Family members can come and visit before beginning the fall school schedule.
10. As one last baby swallow waits in the birdhouse we can watch the mother bring him food.
11. There will still be time to go camping.
12. The yellow jackets challenge our eye-hand coordination, patience, and humor each day (and maybe that is not a good thing!)
13. The lake is still warm enough for swimming.
14. The last reason I am glad summer is still here is because soft vanilla ice cream cones from Sandy's Drive In by Kettle Falls always taste better in the summer.