The Blue Between

The Blue Between


Everyone watches clouds,
naming creatures they've seen.
I see sky differently,
I see the blue between-

The blue woman tugging
her stubborn cloud across the sky
The blue giraffe stretching
to nibble a cloud floating by.

A pod of dancing dolphins,
cloud oceans, cargo ships,
a boy twirling his cloud
around a thin blue fingertip.
In those smooth wide places,
I see a different scene.
In those cloudless spaces,
I see blue between.
by Kristine O'Connell George

photos taken by inland empire girl around northeastern Washington.

Comments

  1. delightful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was lovely, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous29.8.07

    *sigh* Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we saw alligators the other day in the sky ... white ones, (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the great comments on the photos and poems. I took even more today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knowna26.4.10

    I love this poem cause it's just such a great thought that no one ever thinks about; it also has a deeper message: it talks about seeing beyond what is really there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this poem because it's so relaxing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!