There is No Place Like Home!

It was good to arrive home today. McDuff said hello at the front walk. Isabelle waited on the makeshift wheelbarrow to greet me. Lily came from out in the field when she heard my voice. She rested on the stump while I called her.
The roses have bloomed profusely since I have been gone. This is the All-American Girl.

I love the sound of the fountain spilling into the pond in the back garden.The larkspur and dill reseeded from last year in the cutting garden.I love the combination of the purple blooms and the green dill heads. There is no place like home!

Comments

  1. Anonymous23.6.07

    McDuff looks like a lion, guarding the path! Glad you're home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing! I think he looks like the inspiration for the Cowardly Lion costume from the Wizard of Oz. His face looks so human in all that fur. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is exactly what I thought. First I thought he was like one of those big lion statues, then I thought he looked like the Cowardly Lion. Great Picture!! And I know how elusive McDuff can be at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I showed Snug the picture of the fountain and he tried to jump through my computer screen and leap in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous24.6.07

    I don't know why you'd ever leave home with all that welcome and beauty around you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just look at your welcoming home party........ no dangling cats off the table for you...... welcome home.....

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jackie, PIMD, and SVG: The more I looked at the picture and read your comments- you are right. He was out posing again today. He must have heard he earned a post!
    No Snug.... not a real pond!
    Marmite: I do hope your cat is better. You are a brave owner!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!