The Reasons I Love Roses

I love roses for many reasons. I love them because they are surprising. Just when you think one is dead from winter kill it pops up and presents this bloom.

I love roses because they smell so fragrant even if your nose is stuffed up still from a cold.
Roses combine with other blooming shrubs like this honeysuckle for a lovely contrast.
This Peace climber is hardy. That is another reason I love roses.

Some roses can be moved numberous times and still continue to bloom like this Rio Samba.
Roses do what you want them to do. JEJ trained this climber to move over to the shed a couple of years ago. It is doing just that.

Gertrude Stein said " A rose is a rose is a rose." That is another reason I love them. They are pure perfection.

Comments

  1. I love roses, too. I love the shape, the way they unfold, the surprising differences between those on the same bush.

    They are soft, delicate, like proper ladies. Having them around makes me feel more feminine, as if their beauty and delicate nature will rub off on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beautiful garden never ceases to amaze me........ its just gorgious.....

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8.6.07

    I am so jealous I could cry. Lovely, lovely roses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments. It has taken ten years to create this, but it has been a labor of love. I am amazed myself after the mistakes and mishaps we have had that we have these beautiful results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely rose garden! I'm so fond of them myself especially the fragrance and how the petals feels like velvet. Thanks for the delightful shots.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always enjoy reading comments!